Frequently Asked Questions
How do I subscribe to the Deseret News National Edition including Church News?
How do I subscribe to the Deseret News Local Edition?
What are the National Edition call center hours?
7 am – 5 pm Mountain Time
Monday – Friday
8 am – 1pm
What are the Local Edition call center hours?
M-F – 6:00am to 4:00pm
Sat – 7:00am to 10:00am
Why did I receive Deseret News with my Ensign?
The Ensign staff has been looking for ways to encourage members of the LDS Church to stay well informed and engaged about current events especially when it relates to your family and your community. The Deseret News National edition is a great resource to help members, like you, keep up to date on important subjects relating to family, faith, care for the poor, financial responsibility, education, and culture. The Ensign team provided you with a copy of the Deseret News National Edition, including Church News, to give you an idea of what this resource includes.
This shouldn’t have come with the Ensign. Who can I call to complain?
We value your feedback and appreciate your concern. You can email email@example.com
with your feedback or concerns.
How often do I receive the National Edition?
The Deseret News National Edition, including Church News, is a weekly publication.
How much is the National Edition with Church News?
$30 a year
Why can’t the Church Call Center take my subscription?
In order to ensure your subscription is processed as soon as possible, it’s important to contact the Deseret News to subscribe. You can subscribe at deseretnews.com/subscribe or call 1.866.628.4677
What is the difference between the local Deseret News and national Deseret News papers?
- The Local edition includes local Utah news, sports, weather, obituaries, comics, coupons and more.
- The Local Utah Edition is a 7 day or 3 day publication.
- The Local Edition also includes all of the stories from the National Edition, though they are spread across the week.
- The Local Edition also includes the Church News.
- The National Edition is a once a week publication.
- The National Edition provides deeper insights on how current events are impacting families in these six areas: faith, family, care for the poor, education, culture and financial responsibility.
- The National Edition is not a comprehensive source for local news. Instead it focuses exclusively on these six areas of emphasis and gathers the best information into this weekly national edition.
- The National Edition also includes the Church News.
Is there content cross over?
There is some content cross over. You will see articles from the National Edition included in the local edition of the Deseret News.
Should I unsubscribe from my 7 day or 3 day subscription to get the National Edition?
No, your current 7-day or 3-day subscription gives you access to local Utah news, sports, weather, obituaries, comics, coupons and more. I’d be happy to add the National Edition to your current subscription.
I take another paper (SL Tribune, Herald journal, USA Today, etc.), should I unsubscribe from that and get the Deseret News National Edition?
No. The Deseret News National Edition, including Church News, is a great addition to any publications you are currently receiving.
Can I get both national and local edition?
Do you have a national website?
Do you have an app?
We have an app, which combines the content for both the local and national editions of the Deseret News. It can be found on the app store for iTunes, Android and Amazon. Search for Deseret News in your favorite app store.
How do I subscribe to the Ensign?